Friday, January 16, 2009

I sit here in the Law Library and the only noise is the sound of my fingers pounding on the keyboard. Otherwise it is quiet as a mouse. Oh, the door just opened and slammed shut so that's something.

When I got to work today an old professor, on his way out, stopped and was in a talkative mood. He told me he was 76 years old - but he truly, honestly, didn't look a day over 5o. Advice for the day delivered via this professor:

"A diet of soy milk and whole grain bread will keep you looking young forever"
"Everything in moderation"
And, everyone's favorite, "don't sweat the small stuff, kid"

Oh and there was one other piece of advice about keeping a marriage together that I couldn't make heads or tails of: "Leave your problems at home or there'll be a hassle in the castle."

I'll leave you to decipher that last one but the rest seem pretty obvious. Admittedly the advice is riddled with cliches, but he looked young and full of life (another cliche!) so maybe it wouldn't hurt if we all took a page out of his book (and another!).

No comments:

Post a Comment